Saturday, April 24, 2010

Dr. Appointments

I'm a little late posting this but Paxton had his 3 week check-up and Macie had her 3 year check-up this month. Paxton weighed in at 10lbs 8oz but has probably gained even more since then...he's a tank! He had also grown 3/4 inch, now at 21 3/4 inches. Still not sleeping well through the night- he did pretty well last night but I hate to get my hopes up because babies are just never consistent! The next week at Macie's appointment he had a runny nose and the sneezes, which I thought was just allergies....but I learned that babies can't have seasonal allergies and he actually had a cold. He's still got it, but so far it hasn't been anything serious so we're just keeping an eye on him for now.

Macie did so well at her appointment. She weighed in at 31lbs and is just below average on height and weight. She held very still (shocker!) while they took her blood pressure, then she identified shapes for the nurse and got them all correct (even weird ones that I didn't really think she'd get!) Then using those shapes they had her identify them from farther away to test her eyes- she passed 100% once again- and obviously has better eyesight than me because I couldn't see some of the smaller shapes! Dr. B checked her out afterwards and she is healthy as a horse (except for seasonal allergies). She also asked her lots of questions and Macie talked her ear off as usual- she thought she was pretty funny (and smart!). She had to get one shot but I had prepared her for it for a week so she wasn't surprised. She cried just a little bit but was actually pretty brave, and as soon as she got her purple popsicle she was fine....actually she was a little bummed that her bandaid was blue (a "boy color") but she got over it!

Overall both kids are pretty healthy and I couldn't be more thankful for that!

1 comment:

Sam and Allie's World said...

That just brought back memories... Macie's 3 year and Paxton's 3 week. I did that one together, and it was a crazy apt! I'm glad they are both healthy and SMART! Just like their momma! Love you!