I seriously can't believe it still, but Paxton turned 1 last week on March 18th. We didn't do much on his actual birthday. Macie and I sang Happy Birthday to him when we went in to get him in the morning. We ran some errands then stopped by my grandma's house (she owns a balloon/party store) to get his birthday balloon (a giant firetruck) which he loved.
On Sunday we had a little party for him at our house. He was a little overwhelmed by all of the people and was very clingy to me and a little confused by all the commotion. He had fun, though, and loved having a cake to himself and getting lots of new fun toys and clothes!
| Good morning birthday boy! |
It's crazy how 12 months ago I was holding a newborn and now he is running all over the place! He is saying even more words: "papa" (grandpa), "maa-ma" (grandma), "whasat" (what's that?), "oh buddy" (I think that's what he calls his binky?), and he's always copying my sounds and words. Like sometimes I get mad or frustrated so I'll kind of grunt, and he copies me...it's hilarious! We went to the doctor for his 1 year checkup last Monday and he weighed in at 24 lbs (75th percentile) and right above 30 inches for height (75th percentile). He had to get 4 immunizations and they did a number on him...he's just now acting normal again! He has his 2 lower front teeth but the 2 top front ones are right at the tip of the gums just trying to break through so it won't be long before he has all 4. I think his molars are starting to come slowly as well! Poor kid!
Anyway, I can't even imagine what our lives would be like without this little guy! Before I had him I wondered if I could ever love another child as much as I loved Macie, and when he was born it just came so naturally. He has brought so much joy to us and makes us laugh everyday. He is a little tease sometimes and loves to torment Macie, but at the same time they are such good buddies and they make each other laugh constantly. We love you Pax!
5 comments:
Wow...I can't believe It has been a year! It goes by to fast. He is to cute!
I can't believe he is 1 either. He's so cute! Looks like he had a great birthday!
His cake is so cute.
Hey Ashley- That is crib padding I got it on Etsy.com , I love that website. I know Amazon and Babies R US sell it to if you want it cheaper.
Wow time goes by so fast!
Post a Comment