Friday, March 15, 2013

36 Weeks

I went in for my 36 week checkup today.  I am dilated 1cm already which makes me really happy.  I am not thinned out/effaced at all, though.  Being dilated so soon really does give me hope since I haven't dilated this early with either of the other 2 kids.  As far as thinning goes I started an Evening Primrose oil regimen as per my midwife today.  It's a natural oil that comes in a capsule and I "place" it 3 times a day.  It's supposed to help soften & thin out everything so we'll see next week if it's helping at all.
As of last week (and still today) the baby is posterior.  Head is down but he/she is turned up so it's facing my front side.  My midwife gave me some exercises to try to get the baby to turn around.  I'm really going to work on this because Pax was posterior for most of my labor with him and it was not fun!  Lots of back pain that no amount of breathing can relieve! It made my labor longer as well.  At least we know that now and not on delivery day so I can at least try some things to get him/her to turn before delivery.  The baby is still way up and hasn't "engaged into the pelvis" or "dropped" yet. 
I've had lots of swelling in my legs/ankles lately so I've just been trying to drink lots of water and stay off my feet (which isn't easy at work or at home with 2 kids.)  This was the first appointment in a long time that I didn't gain any weight. My blood pressure is nice and low- it was super low today at 95/65.  Can't beat that!  And even though I'm measuring bigger at 38cm I didn't grow at all from last week which is good as well.  My hips hurt like hell...there's no other way to say it!  I am also really tired and I think it's because I'm not sleeping well at night from the hip pain.  I also developed acid reflux with this baby which is new...it's not really painful but it is uncomfortable and pretty annoying.  Other than that I feel great!  Haha!
It's so crazy to be at the point where we're discussing delivery.  I really am ready physically for this baby to come, but mentally I keep thinking of a million things I have to do before he/she comes.  We have been finishing our basement and are just in the painting process right now (which I do myself since I don't trust Tony!) and I was hoping to get my cabinets painted as well, but I guess that can wait if it has to.  I also keep thinking how much harder it's going to be to run errands, clean, etc when I add another person to my life.  I'm excited at the same time, though, and Macie can't wait!  We've pretty much decided on a boy name but still struggle with our girl name...so if it's a girl she might not get a name right away! I have had a lot more Braxton Hicks contractions with this baby and sometimes they're actually pretty uncomfortable like real contractions which I never experienced before.  It's weird but they actually make me excited...I really love the delivery process and as crazy as people think I am I really do look forward to it!
 


No comments: