I didn't update at 37 weeks since there was absolutely no change. As of last Friday I was 38 weeks pregnant and when I went to my appointment I had high hopes. But still, nothing! I am STILL just dilated 1cm and my cervix still isn't thinned out at all! The baby is STILL posterior and it's head STILL hasn't engaged into the pelvis...in other words, I haven't "dropped" yet. My midwife told me not to be discouraged because as soon as the baby drops I could dilate and thin out right away...it could all happen in one day. Still, it's hard not to get discouraged. I thought for sure this baby would come earlier than 40 weeks but so far it's not looking that way! :(
My midwife gave me some good tips on how to get the baby to turn around and to get it to drop so I've been sitting on the birthing ball, doing my "cat curls" and doing anything else I can. I'm hoping for better news at my 39 week appointment! I'm just so excited to meet this baby and finally find out if we're having a boy or a girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment