In the middle of July we were crazy and decided to take the kids to Vegas for a weekend. The kids did great on the drive. We got there on Friday and got checked in at the Excalibur. We got the cheapest room which ended up being kind of old and in major need of an update. We went to dinner at the Rio to their giant buffet...it was good but the kids didn't want to sit there long enough for us to really get "buffet full!" When we went to leave there was a giant monsoon going through and valet wouldn't get any cars so we were stuck there for an extra 1/2 hour. And valet had rolled down our truck's windows so the entire inside was soaked! The monsoon also made the 107 degree heat nice and humid!
On Saturday we got breakfast then planned to go swimming but our pool was closed from the debris that had blown in during the monsoon. They let us use the Luxor pool, but it was super crowded since 2 hotels were using it so we weren't there very long. We went out and walked the strip for a little while and found that a lot of the things I remember being kid friendly aren't anymore. We went to the coke store and got a drink and the m&m store and got a $12 bag of m&ms. (I also thought I could take the stroller up the escalator and about killed us all when the wheel got stuck at the top...it was the scariest thing EVER and I have learned my lesson...elevators only from now on when I have a stroller!)
Anyway, my cousin came from California (on the way to Utah) and hung out with us the rest of the day. We went to our pool after they opened half of it back up and swam for awhile. The water was super murky and a little too cold for Brady so I found a place inside to sit and read while he slept and everyone swam.
Later on we went and ate dinner at the NYNY then walked around there. We were so exhausted by the heat and walking all day that we were in bed by about 10:00!
The next morning we went to a breakfast buffet. My aunts and other cousin from Arizona had gotten to Vegas (also going to Utah) so we met up with them as well as my cousin from CA and we all headed to SLC. Macie rode in another car with her little cousin so we just had the boys. Pax ended up in another car at the end, too, so we just had Brady in the final stretch. He did so good the whole drive but we hit massive traffic right around lehi. We got off and took a side road which was much quicker than traffic was moving, but it still took extra time and Brady was done by that point so he cried for the last 20-30 minutes of the drive which was so sad.
Anyway, we decided Vegas is much more fun with just adults or not in the crazy heat. We were glad to get home! I just wanted a fun family trip before summer ended...oh well...I guess I get an E for effort! ;)
On Saturday we got breakfast then planned to go swimming but our pool was closed from the debris that had blown in during the monsoon. They let us use the Luxor pool, but it was super crowded since 2 hotels were using it so we weren't there very long. We went out and walked the strip for a little while and found that a lot of the things I remember being kid friendly aren't anymore. We went to the coke store and got a drink and the m&m store and got a $12 bag of m&ms. (I also thought I could take the stroller up the escalator and about killed us all when the wheel got stuck at the top...it was the scariest thing EVER and I have learned my lesson...elevators only from now on when I have a stroller!)
Anyway, my cousin came from California (on the way to Utah) and hung out with us the rest of the day. We went to our pool after they opened half of it back up and swam for awhile. The water was super murky and a little too cold for Brady so I found a place inside to sit and read while he slept and everyone swam.
Later on we went and ate dinner at the NYNY then walked around there. We were so exhausted by the heat and walking all day that we were in bed by about 10:00!
The next morning we went to a breakfast buffet. My aunts and other cousin from Arizona had gotten to Vegas (also going to Utah) so we met up with them as well as my cousin from CA and we all headed to SLC. Macie rode in another car with her little cousin so we just had the boys. Pax ended up in another car at the end, too, so we just had Brady in the final stretch. He did so good the whole drive but we hit massive traffic right around lehi. We got off and took a side road which was much quicker than traffic was moving, but it still took extra time and Brady was done by that point so he cried for the last 20-30 minutes of the drive which was so sad.
Anyway, we decided Vegas is much more fun with just adults or not in the crazy heat. We were glad to get home! I just wanted a fun family trip before summer ended...oh well...I guess I get an E for effort! ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment