We had a fun Valentines weekend this year. On Friday night we went to dinner and a movie with Tony's 2 brothers & their wives. We saw the movie "Valentines Day" which I absolutely LOVED!
On Saturday Tony came home with some flowers for me (we had to tell Macie they were for her, too, since she wanted some!) Tony hates buying flowers because he thinks they are such a waste of money, and I guess in a way they are, but I still love getting them regardless!
Later that night our friend Charley called & said he could get us into a Josh Turner concert that night and wanted to know if we wanted to go. We of course did, so we dropped off Macie at my parents' house and headed down to the Salt Palace. We were sat at a table in the very front of the banquet room with Charley & Brooke as well as our other friends Cassie & Dave. To all of our surprise, the 4 empty seats at our table ended up being for SL County Mayor Peter Caroon & his assistant as well as Congressman Jim Matheson & his assistant- we were all a little speechless (& slightly intimidated!) when they greeted us & sat down to eat with us! Charley sang the National Anthem acapella & did such a great job as he always does. Then we were served a Lobster & Primerib dinner. Turns out it was a banquet/auction for hunting/wildlife & to get in normally costs $175 a person! After our delicious dinner/dessert there was an auction where people were bidding as much as $250,000 for hunting tags- it was amazing to see the amount of money being spent (especially on hunting which I don't quite understand!) After the auction Josh Turner put on a private concert & was so close- he's extremely sexy by the way! It was such a cool night- we had a great time! Thanks again Charley & Brooke!
Josh- he is not only sexy looking but has such a sexy deep voice!
1 comment:
WOW! That is so awesome! What a great weekend! I can't believe you were so close to Josh Turner and had such a great dinner. Did you talk to the Mayor and Congressman? I don't even think I realized it was Valentine's Day.
Post a Comment