I'm sure I'll say this every birthday for both/any of my kids...but I really can't believe my little boy is 2 already. He has grown up so fast...TOO fast! Anyway, his birthday is March 18th which was on a Sunday this year. We woke up and sang to him then he played for awhile, then he requested french toast for his birthday breakfast. He was so excited about his basketball birthday balloons that he didn't care about the presents and we kind of forgot to open them until later on.
We have 1pm church, so Pax doesn't usually get a nap on Sundays, but he was being kind of a birthday brat by 10am, so I made him take a nap and miss church (Tony stayed home with him) so he wouldn't be unbearable for his party later on!
After he woke up he opened his presents from us. He got a couple of Dr. Seuss books, new Nike shoes, and an outdoor yardwork set which he'll love this summer since he loves to "help!"
Later on we had a little birthday party for him. He got a basketball cake...the kid is pretty obsessed with basketball! He got some really fun new things from everyone and had so much fun playing with all of his cousins and friends!
| Pax's "silly" face! We let the birthday boy have "coke" (diet sprite) since it was his special day....he LOVED it and kept coming back for "more peez" (more please!) Savannah, Macie & Grace |
| Paxton's best friend Chase...they don't always like to share... |
...but they are still buddies!
At age 2 Pax is talking like crazy. He is able to tell me what he wants and copies everything we say! He is very polite and says "Peez" and "Mank You" all the time. He also says "scooze me" when he fake burps...such a boy!
He loves to torment Macie and wants everything that she has.
Pax is learning his colors and can recognize red, green & orange really well...he pronounces orange "oranch" and it's so cute to hear him say it.
His favorite show is still Bubble Guppies...he asks for it everyday....but he will also sit and watch any basketball game, anytime. He also likes Cars, Finding Nemo, 101 Dalmations, The Emporor's New Groove, & Toodles (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse).
He doesn't look like it but he's kind of become a picky eater. He'll eat anything with sugar, though...his favorite candy is "gummy beans" (jelly beans), and his favorite food is "bony and cheese" (macaroni & cheese). He also LOVES chocolate milk.
Pax is such a sweet boy. He loves to lay by mommy and cuddle, even if it is just for a few minutes at a time. He will hold up his arms to me and say "Mommy, I need you" which means he wants me to hold him...how can I resist that? The other morning we got to sleep in and he layed by me watching Bubble Guppies in my bed and kept looking over at me and just smiling...it was the sweetest thing...he was so happy to just be by his momma!
He is so busy and can shoot a basketball and play with his toys all day without getting tired. (I wish I had half the energy he has!)
He sings "Minkle Minkle little staw" which is the cutest thing I've ever heard...one day we went to my parents' ward for a mission farewell and he started singing it very loud during the closing prayer. My grandma told him to be quiet and he said "No gamma, I singin!" The kid has attitude and he knows what he wants! It's hard to deal with sometimes, but he is so funny that I have a hard time getting too upset with him. He tends to give me his "silly face" when he knows I'm upset which always makes me laugh. The only thing that drives me crazy is his high pitched scream that he does when he doesn't get his way!
Lately he's been doing a fake cry that cracks us up. His little personality just lights up a room and everyone who meets him loves him. I really don't know what we would do without our little Pac Man!
3 comments:
Oh Ash Paxton is SOOOOO cute! I can't believe he is already 2. It looks like he had a VERY fun party! I love his "silly" face! Too cute!! Happy Birthday Buddy!!
Happy Birthday to your adorable little guy that is a total Tony Jr. :) and p.s. I still want your flawless face, you are suppose to teach me how.
Cute little Pax! I love that boy! Glad he had a fun day. It would have been better if Uncle Bridger would have really gotten him a real fish! Maybe next year ;)
Post a Comment