Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Paxton's 2 Year Check-up

Pax went in for his 2 year checkup a couple weeks ago.  Thankfully, he didn't have to get any vaccinations, but he still wasn't thrilled to be there (see photo below!)  At age 2 he now weighs 31.5 lbs (75%), he is 35 inches tall (75%), and his head is 50.1 cm.  Dr. B was very impressed once again with his vocab skills as well as his comprehension.  One would think that would help cut down on tantrums since he can communicate with words....but one would be wrong!  I was glad Macie was with us because she helped Pax be brave during his exam.  He looks healthy with the exception of a strep infection in his poor little bum...it's probably his 5th one...so annoying!  She gave me a scrub to try after the antibiotics work for a little while to hopefully get rid of it once and for all.

Anyway, a few more cute things about Pax at age 2....

*He is so good about saying his prayers at night and also at naptime...if I forget he yells "Fold arms" until we pray with him.  Then he starts the prayer by saying "Heveny Fauder, mank you dis day," then he copies everything I say after that.  And he makes sure to say "Amen" as loud as possible.  It's the cutest!

*Pax is a copy cat.  Everything Macie says, Pax says!  The other day we drove by McDonalds so of course Macie was suddenly hungry and said "I'm hungry" and right away Pax said "I'm hungry"....haha, these two!

*Pax loves "Donalds" (McDonalds) and almost every food he eats he has to "dip it."

*He will take our hand and say "C'mere" and lead us to where he wants us to be.

*Pax is a sweet boy.  If he hears someone crying or if something concerns him...he'll say "Wha happened Mommy?" in the most concerned voice!

*We are working on living without the binky.  I wouldn't have minded him to have it a little longer since it's nice for sleeping, car rides & church, but he insists on biting holes in it so he's down to his last and I refuse to buy him any more!  I try giving him one with a big hole in it and he says "Don't want it" and throws it out of the crib...last night was rough, guess we'll see how it goes! 

*This boy LOVES to be outside!  We are so excited for summer (or even the nice weather we've been having sans wind!) 


No comments: