Macie officially graduated from preschool! It has been such great weather this spring and of course the one day we really needed good (or just non-rainy) weather it downpours all morning! So we had to move it inside...which was a little crammed. But the kids did a great job in their program. I was lucky and got a seat on the floor right in front, Mom stood a few people behind me, and Tony got stuck up on the stairs and couldn't see anything so he eventually just left and went to work. Each of the kids were assigned a poem from the school year that they had to recite with a partner. Macie and Tyler did the "Easter Bunny" and did awesome. Macie knew every word. She is so good at memorizing things! The part that got me choked up was when they played the graduation song and put on their cute little graduate hats. And Miss Lorie said really nice things and got choked up herself.
Paxton was a little stinker (should have left him with a sitter)...so between trying to entertain him and keep him quiet, take pictures, take video, and try to actually enjoy the whole thing, it was a little overwhelming!
Oh, and when we went outside afterwards for refreshments and pictures it was back to being beautiful weather! :)
 |
| Macie receiving her "diploma" |
 |
| That little monster on the left is Pax...most of the time he's a sweetheart...but not that morning! His face says exactly how his attitude was! |
 |
| Teacher/Grandpa Avery, Macie, and Miss Lorie |
 |
| Turns out Tyler AND Dallas are planning on marrying Macie! Cute little preschool crushes! |
 |
| Macie and Dallas |
 |
| All the kids made pictures of themselves for the wall. So cute! |
I have been amazed at how much Macie has learned over the last 2 years in preschool. She is so smart and has learned things that I would have never thought to teach her at home. Preschool is really so important...she is so prepared for Kindergarten. I can't wait to see how much she continues to learn and grow throughout her school years ahead. I know I'm going to be blogging about her high school and college graduations before I know it!
No comments:
Post a Comment