Friday, May 18, 2012

Pet Day

This week Macie had "Pet Day" at preschool.  I hesitated to take our dog Moose because he is so "energetic" to put it nicely!  But I decided that since he is our only pet we should probably just take him.  Macie was SO excited to take him, too.  I put his e-collar on to make sure he would be a good listener and he ended up doing GREAT!  I even had parents complimenting on how good of a dog he is and how well he listens to commands!  I NEVER thought I'd hear someone comment on how good of a dog he is!  I guess our training investment was all worth it?
Anyway, there were a few other dogs and one of the girls brought her pet turtle.  Macie held Moose's leash while she talked about him.  She told everyone how old he was, his name, what kind of dog he is and that he's crazy.  She told them about the time we bought a brand new blow-up pool and only a few hours after we had bought it and swam in it he chewed a hole in in and ruined it...apparently she hasn't forgotten about it! (It was 2 summers ago)
The rest of the kids who didn't bring live animals brought stuffed animals...it was so cute to see how excited they were about even the pretend animals!


Pax forgets that Moose isn't a horse! 

Moose is so patient with the kids...that's the great thing about labs I guess.  I have to say a year ago I wondered if I would ever be able to like my dog because he was SO out of control...but he really proved what a good dog he can be and has settled down a lot...even if he is still kind of crazy!  We love our Moosey!

No comments: