On Saturday Tony played in a MHS Baseball Alumni game for all of the old players. And by old, I mean, back to guys who graduated in 1975! There were 3 games and the teams were divided by year graduated, Tony being on the 2nd youngest team. He played in the first game against guys who graduated between 2000-2009, his team was 1999-1996.
Can I just start by saying how excited he was for this game! We played catch all week and on Friday night we went on a date to the batting cages. It was funny to see how giddy he was to relive a moment of high school!
Tony did pretty well, he had one base hit and struck out 3 times but he played 1st base, catcher, and right field really well. His brother Casey was on his team as well. They didn't win the game, but it was fun to watch. I think they are going to start doing this yearly...they do it as a fundraiser for the current team so it benefits everyone. And I don't mean to be cheesy but I have to add that watching Tony get out and play baseball in his baseball pants/uniform and seeing how into it he was...it was just plain sexy! :)
Anyway, Tony was pretty upset that he didn't hit a homerun but I'm sure he'll work on it for next year! We ran home and he showered and we grabbed lunch then went back for the 2nd game which Tony's other brother Kip played in. By the time the 3rd game started we'd watched 5 hours of baseball and the kids were done so we left. But it was the oldest 2 teams and would have been fun to watch! What a fun day, getting together with people we don't usually see. Oh yeah, and for the record, Tony was really sore the next day! Haha!
No comments:
Post a Comment