Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

I had such a nice Mothers Day this year.  On Sunday morning we went out to Ryan & Mackensie's house for brunch.  I had volunteered to do it but they volunteered their house so I tried to do most of the food since I appreciated not having to clean my house and prepare for it!  Ever since we took it off the market I have been on kind of a cleaning strike...after keeping it spotless for 6 months straight I just need a break!
Anyway, brunch was delicious!  My mom and dad came along with my grandma and my aunt Nancy who was in town for the weekend.  And thankfully the weather was beautiful so the kids spent most of the time playing outside while the adults hung out and talked!  It was a nice morning!
Afterwards we stopped by Tony's parents' house to visit for a little while.  Then later on we went out to my aunt Charli's for a BBQ.  It was a fun day!
I'm sure I say this every year but I am so lucky to have such amazing mothers in my life.  I have the best mom who would drive 10000 miles if I needed her to do bring me something and would do almost anything for me and my kids (and anyone else!)  Sometimes I worry that people take advantage of her kindness!  She is like my best friend and we talk daily...everytime my phone rings Tony says "What does your mom want?!"  I also have an AMAZING grandmother who I am so thankful to be so close to.  I was lucky enough to grow up a couple houses away and she has always been one the people I can call or talk to when I just need someone to talk to.  She is such an amazing example, too.  She and Macie are like soulmates as well...they are the best of friends and love each other so much.  Their relationship is priceless.
I also have such a great mother-in-law.  So many people have crazy mother-in-laws and I feel so blessed to have mine.  She is so respectful of my parenting style and doesn't ever try to step on my toes or tell me how to do things...even though I'm not even close to perfect. She is always willing to help out and is so great with my kids.  She is such a sweet person.
And of course all of the women in my life who are mothers who inspire me to be a better mother and person!
Motherhood is by far the best job there is.  I am constantly worrying that I'm not good enough and always trying to do better.  There are days that are so crazy & tiring that I just can't wait for bedtime, but at the end of the day it comes down to the fact that I am completely in love with my kids.  I miss them when I'm not with them and I worry about them constantly.  I set a lot of goals when I was younger and I've accomplished a lot of them, but motherhood was always at the top of the list.  There is no job that is more important.  I am so blessed that I have been given the opportunity to raise these sweet spirits...I literally don't know what I would do without them!

Mackensie, Mom, Me


4 generations...my grandma was so mad that I made her take this picture because she hasn't dyed her hair recently...but she's beautiful anyway!



Cute Joey and Mack.  They are getting too big.  I have babysat these boys since they were born and it makes me feel really old to look at them as TEENAGERS!  What sweet boys they are, though.  They have had such a good mother (my aunt Charli) who has raised them with good values, respect, manners, etc. 


1 comment:

Cody and Wendy said...

Oh Ash that was a beautiful post! I LOVE your pictures too. You look gorgeous in them! I'm glad you had a great Mother's Day!!