We had such a nice Thanksgiving this year. Usually I get up and make cinnamon rolls or something yummy but I slept in a little and Tony made pancakes which was even better than me having to cook. I got my Thanksgiving edition newspaper with all of the Black Friday ads and sat down with the kids and watched the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade (one day I'd like to watch it live.) We kind of took our time getting ready and then made it over to my parents' house for dinner. This year we had almost our entire Hofheins clan which hasn't happened for many years. It was so nice having everyone together. Mom made a delicious dinner and we all enjoyed each others' company for the rest of the day. Black Friday started early this year (it should have been called Black Thursday since it literally cut right into Thanksgiving evening) so I wasn't as into it as I usually am. It was still fun going with my aunts and cousin with us but I didn't buy nearly as much as I usually do and we didn't go to as many stores as usual either. Plus, I was in bed by 2am which is unheard of for that day...oh well, I guess spending less money is never a bad thing!
I am so thankful for such an awesome family and such great friends. I am reminded daily of how blessed I am when I see my kids' smiling faces and my sweet husband. I am also blessed to have a home to live in, a career I love, a vehicle to drive, food to eat, a free country, a knowledge of the incredible gospel of Jesus Christ, and so much more. I am so blessed and there isn't a person in the world, no matter how rich or famous, that I would trade my life with.
| Halle, Molly and Macie |
| Nancy and Mom |
No comments:
Post a Comment