Friday, January 4, 2013

Christmas Day

On Christmas morning I got up and showered before the kids got out of bed.  But by the time I got out of the shower (7:30am) Macie was already in my room begging to go open presents.  She went in and woke Paxton up which didn't make us very happy, and Pax didn't appreciate it either!  She had already snooped as well and since Paxton's big present wasn't wrapped she knew what he got and wanted to tell him.  We made them wait a minute while we got dressed then we went down and opened presents.  Paxton had no desire to open anything.  We had to force him to open the first thing which was just a cheap box of matchbox cars...he was thrilled with that and just wanted them open so he could play with them.  Santa could have just left him those and he would have been just fine!  Macie on the other hand ripped through all of her presents as fast as she could, and considering that Santa doesn't leave a lot of presents we made it through present-opening pretty quickly.  Tony and Macie had to open most of Paxton's presents for him since he was not interested.
After, they got their stockings, and in the bottom of one was a letter from Santa and the first clue to find their "big" gift.  Even though Macie had already found them earlier she was still excited to find each clue until it lead them down to the downstairs living room.  Paxton got a train table which he LOVES and Macie got a new American Girl doll (Julie) which she was really excited about.  Tony and I didn't exchange any big gifts this year since we are putting all of our money into finishing our basement.  We did stockings for each other and Tony surprised me with a BEAUTIFUL cluster band ring for my right hand that I had wanted for awhile.  It's not expensive but it is exactly what I wanted.  Considering he doesn't buy jewelry EVER (I was lucky to get an engagement ring and wedding bands!) it was extra special!  :)






We got ready for the day and let the kids play for a minute then went over to my parents' house for breakfast.  Usually we go to the Davies but plans changed this year and since we open presents quick at our house we didn't want to sit home all morning.  Plus, Mom makes yummy omelettes so why would we pass that up?!  Ryan, Mackensie and the kids were a little late getting there which drove Macie crazy since she was so excited to open presents with them.  We opened gifts with them and hung out for a minute before we went to the Davies.
Macie with Mckenna and her new doll Julie



 
We headed over to Tony's parents' house around 1pm and opened presents with them and hung out there for a little while.  Once again Paxton didn't want anything to do with his gifts until Macie opened them for him...then he wanted everything opened out of the boxes and set up. 


Grandpa Dennis made all of the girls little baby cradles.

 
We headed back to my parents' house for dinner with all of my extended family.  We went over to my grandma and grandpa's house to open gifts with them and that's where Macie got the ONE and ONLY thing she had been asking for for Christmas....which was McKenna's (her AG doll) crutches and cast set.  She was SO excited!  Earlier in the day when I asked if she got everything she wanted she said she did, except for that, but that it was okay because she still has a birthday in a few months and maybe she could just get it then.  Pretty sweet for a 5 year old...especially since I see so many kids get super greedy, spoiled and bratty on Christmas.  I've really tried to do everything in my power to not let my kids get that way.  Of course it's exciting to get presents but we try to emphasize what the day is about...celebrating Christ and being together as a family.  Anyway, my grandma wasn't feeling very well on Christmas because her back has been giving her issues...I felt bad she couldn't be with us...but we all gathered around her bed and Tony and my uncle Michael gave her a nice priesthood blessing which was really neat. 

 
We had a nice Christmas.  My only complaint every year is coming home with WAY too much stuff and trying to find room for it.  We take "Boxing Day" (the canadian holiday the day after Christmas) very seriously and celebrate it to its fullest.  I have already donated 2 large bags of toys and other items and I have more to give.  Maybe because our house is small, but I get overwhelmed with toys!

2 comments:

Girl.... said...

I'm not on your blog list dork!! :)

--Megan

Tony and Ashley said...

Haha, I think I deleted you since you suck at blogging! Let me know when you update and I'll take you off blog probation! ;)