I went to my midwife today for my 26 week checkup. I also had my glucose test which is always fun! I have been feeling bigger than I did with my last two and sure enough I'm measuring 2cm above average and I gained 7 lbs since the last visit 4 weeks ago..yay! I've kind of quit keeping track of how much I've gained since I obviously don't have much control over it! She could also feel the baby from head to toes and mentioned that it's a good size (in other words, I'm having another giant baby!) Heartbeat is healthy and everything else looks good. I do have to go back for a 30 week ultrasound because the baby's kidneys were dilated in the last ultrasound and they want to monitor that. I've tried not to worry too much about it since there's nothing I can do about it and my midwife said it's usually not a big deal. On the positive side I'll get to see my baby again and this time he/she will look more like a real baby so it will be fun to see, especially in 3D. I've never had an ultrasound past my 20 week standard ones before.
I have been feeling really good. My whole pregnancy has been pretty great other than lack of energy sometimes...but I guess that comes with having 2 kids to take care of, too! I had a bad cold last week which sucked but I'm feeling much better....it's always hard to be sick when pregnant since I can't take anything. But I survived. I just started getting hip pain which is not fun. I had it HORRIBLE with Paxton starting around 20 weeks so I have surpassed that point with this one, but I know it's only going to get worse. I've been trying to do strength training (just at home with my own weights) to see if I can keep things strong and prevent it from getting worse...that's probably not working, though. I'm going to start doing yoga, too. I went and bought a belly band today to try to keep some of the pressure off and right when I put it on I could feel a difference so hopefully that will offer some relief.
Anyway, I am trying to enjoy every minute of this pregnancy. There is nothing better than feeling him/her move around and kick or get hiccups. I could lay with my hand on my belly for hours just feeling every movement. The thought of this being my last pregnancy really breaks my heart, but I am trying to just take it one day at a time and not rush it so I can enjoy every moment. Paxton isn't too interested in the baby but he still says it's a sister. Macie is super excited and is always talking about how great of a helper she'll be...just another perk of having a girl first...she's going to be a 2nd little mommy. She really wants a baby boy because our friends had a boy a couple months ago and she thinks he's so cute, but she says it doesn't matter. She also insists that she's going to be in delivery room...I guess we'll see about that!
It's been really hard trying to figure out names since we can't narrow it down to one sex or the other. I have a few boy names but only one or 2 girl names. It's starting to stress me out. I want something that's not super popular since I grew up always having 2 or 3 girls in my class with the same name which was annoying. But I don't want something too crazy, either. Who knows, I guess we still have some time to decide. We'll probably take a list to the hospital and go from there!
No comments:
Post a Comment