This morning we went in for my 30 week ultrasound to follow up on the baby's kidney situation. Tony and Pax came with me (Macie had school). Once again we had such a great ultrasound tech that was just as excited to look at our baby as we were! I am SO impressed with Millcreek Imaging...by far the best ultrasounds I've EVER had! Once again she did tons of 3D shots and it was so fun to see the baby especially now that he/she is so big! It's pretty squished in there...I can't believe it still has 2+ more months to grow in there!
The kidneys are still dilated. I'll see my midwife next week to discuss it more but the tech said that her son had it and it worked itself out by the time he was born and that usually it isn't too big of a deal. Worse case scenario there is minor surgery that would have to be done, but she said not to be too concerned so I'm trying not to be.
Baby is head down and looking healthy otherwise. It is so cool because it actually looks like a chubby little person in there...amazing how much it has grown in just a couple of months! The tech measured the baby's head which is off the charts in hugeness (that will feel nice coming out I'm sure! haha!) and the rest of him/her is big as well (no surprise!) weighing about 4.5 lbs right now. I am measuring about 33 weeks (I'm only 30)...does that mean I'll go early? No, probably not...I'll probably just have a 10+ pound baby! Oh well, not much I can do to control it so I'm not too concerned. I'm still enjoying every bit of pregnancy, with the exception of my hip pain. My kids love to watch my belly bounce when the baby moves and I love to feel him/her move.
Today wasn't as hard to not find out the sex. I thought I'd cave but I figured we've come this far so why ruin the surprise now! I still feel like it's a girl, but after today I'm thinking there's a good chance it's a boy...especially with it's size and all. But we'll find out soon enough! It's so funny how many people think I'm "crazy" for not finding out and how "they could never do it!" Guess what, it's actually kind of fun, I'm not crazy, and I didn't ask anyone to do it so you don't have to! I've found out on 2 kids and I'm looking forward to delivery day when he/she comes out and we get to find out all together and meet him/her at the same time! I think it will be exciting and I'm not regretting it for one second!
![]() |
| I was a little concerned about the cord being on the baby's neck, but we checked and it's not wrapped around, just laying across. Not that they can do much if it was, but it makes me feel better! |
![]() |
| I love how cozy baby looks...all snuggled up in the womb! |
![]() |
| I like this foot shot...love those little feet! |





1 comment:
Okay those pictures are AWESOME!!! How neat that you have those at so far along. I feel like he/she is ready to come out! I secretly LOVE that you're not finding out. What a fun surprise!
Post a Comment