Macie has been acting out a lot lately. Not sure if it's her age or the baby or what, but my patience with her has been very thin. I decided that she and I needed some one-on-one time so since she loves gymnastics I took her to the Utes Gymnastics meet last weekend. She was so excited that it was "just the girls." She got a sign that said "10.0" on one side and "Rocks" (like the Red Rocks) on the other side. She held up the score side for every gymnist, no matter how they did. She loved it, especially the balance beam...that's her favorite! I let her get a treat so she chose Sprite and cotton candy, I got kettlecorn for me but after she ate half of hers she took mine and said "K, switch!" It was funny, especially since I had so intention of eating any cotton candy!
Anyway, she loved every minute of watching the gymnastics and having alone time. I'm really glad I took her! Macie is so full of energy and has a mind of her own. I love that about her but sometimes she is hard to reason with and we tend to bump heads a lot. I definitely need to work on being more patient with her. I was looking back at her baby pictures the other day and it made me realize once again how fast these babies grow and to never take the little moments with them for granite.


1 comment:
I took my girls a couple of weeks ago and they loved it. All the music and dancing and the big girls doing flips and being able to hold up those signs. I'm glad she had fun
Post a Comment