Tony and I celebrated our 8 year anniversary on June 25th. Since Brady is still little I don't like to leave him very long, but I agreed to do one night because we needed it. On that Saturday we went to dinner at Bonzai (one of our favorites!!!) and it was so delicious! Then we headed up to Park City for the night and stayed at our favorite hotel- Newpark. As pathetic as it was, we literally sat on the couch and watched TV for about an hour because it felt so good to just sit and enjoy and not have any interruptions (i.e. kids!) We went to the store and got some treats, sat in our private hot tub, and walked to the movie theater and watched a movie. It felt awesome to sleep for a few hours without Brady waking me up, but since I'm nursing, my milk supply woke me up anyway and I did have to pump. The next morning we went to breakfast at Kneaders, went to the outlets to shop for awhile, then headed home. It was short but very nice.
Anyway, I am so lucky to be married to such an amazing person. Tony is such a good husband. Of course we drive each other crazy sometimes, but he can always make me laugh and the thought of living without my sweetheart is unimaginable! So many couples talk about how nervous they were on their wedding day. I remember nothing but pure happiness and excitement. I remember waking up with a smile on my face, thinking "This is my wedding day!" I couldn't wait to start getting ready. We sat in the Celestial room at the Salt Lake Temple for what seemed like forever, but we were talking about how we would be together forever and there was no getting rid of the other person. To some people that would freak them out, but it made me so happy. I never had a single doubt in my head or my heart that I was making the right decision! It was a beautiful day.
We have learned a lot about each other, and of course we have both grown and changed throughout the years, but I love him just as much if not more now than the day I married him. Three kids and 2 dogs later, we still can't get enough of each other. I genuinely love being with this man and look forward to eternity with him!

No comments:
Post a Comment