Friday, August 30, 2013

Baby Jerzi Kate

On June 15th (the same day my niece Maddie was baptized) my sister-in-law Mackensie's water broke so they headed to the hospital to have a baby!  We had their kids and hung out at my in-laws all day, waiting for an update.  She was dilated to a 3 for a lot of the day so we waited until about 8:30pm to head to the hospital.  Tony kept my kids and my nephew Crew and put them all to bed, then my mom, Halle and I went up to the hospital.  My brother Ryan and Mackensie's mom, sister and grandma were all there as well.  We all hung out for awhile and poor Kensie was stuck at a 6 and getting frustrated.  Everyone but Ryan decided to leave the room to let her rest/relax and before I left I put on some of my hypnobirthing affirmations to see if it would help.  We turned the tv off and the lights off as well.  Within about 20 minutes Mackensie started pushing!  She pushed for awhile so I sat out in the hall with Halle and her grandma until things got closer, then we went in.  We kept Halle up by Mackensie's head.  Jerzi had kind of a hard time coming through so the Dr. had to use the vacuum, but she came out finally and was healthy and tiny and sweet!  I have witnessed 3 live births (other than my own) now and they are never anything but amazing!  It is such an awesome thing to be apart of and such a miracle.  Anyway, Jerzi Kate was 5 lbs 14.9oz and 18 inches long.  She was born (barely made it before midnight) on my aunt Pennie's birthday who passed away almost 14 yrs ago so it made it that much more special.  We love our Jerzi girl!


 











No comments: