Monday, August 12, 2013

Brady's Blessing Day

Brady was blessed on Sunday June 2nd at our ward by Tony.  Once again we had 9am church like we've had for the other kids so it was a challenge to get all of us ready and to church on time!  Thankfully my mom came over early to help out and my 2nd mom Chris helped out with the food prep before the blessing as well...both of them did way too much as usual...but the food was great so I can't complain too much!
I had planned on using Paxton's blessing outfit for Brady but when I tried it on him it was way too small, so I had to order Brady's last minute off of the website of the place I got Pax's since I liked his so much.  I got blue design on it instead of the white and it turned out to be really cute.  So I guess all of my kids will have their own blessing outfit. 
Anyway, Brady had been having blowouts (yellow poop all the way up the back) almost every morning right after he ate for about a week almost exactly on schedule.  So I fed him right before we left and was hoping he'd poop before I put on his white outfit but he didn't.  Of course as soon as we sit down in Sacrament and start singing the opening hymn he poops and I could tell it was a lot.  I knew if I left him in it it would leak out onto his white blessing outfit but the blessing is like the first order of business after the opening hymn so I didn't have enough time to go to the bathroom to change him.  So I hurried and changed him right on our bench...luckily we were in the front so nobody saw (except maybe the bishopric!)  What else was I to do?!  Haha!  I cleaned him up just in time and then passed him to Tony for his blessing.  Tony gave a very nice blessing and said Brady was smiling during it.  During testimony meeting I really wanted to get up and bear my testimony but I had to take Brady out and I never got the guts to go back in and do it.  It was a very special day, though, and I was very touched by the Spirit.  I was feeling very grateful to have 3 amazing kids and so blessed to have this new little angel in our family.
After the blessing we had everyone over for breakfast and it ended up being beautiful weather so everyone could go outside.  It was a very special day!










 
 

 
 
 

No comments: