Wednesday, December 11, 2013

October & Halloween

Ward Halloween Party
Since I'm in the Young Women's presidency I got to help with our ward Halloween Party this year.  We usually don't go because something always seems to come up but this year we went and the kids had a lot of fun.  They did a little parade then played some games and got lots of candy and treats
 


 
 
Haunted Woods
I took the kids to the haunted woods in Murray and my mom came with us.  It was a pretty cold night but we braved it anyway.  My kids had been obsessed with haunted houses and since I strongly dislike haunted houses but wanted to give them a little taste of one this seemed like a good alternative.  Macie loved it and Pax was scared so he stayed between my mom and me.  Macie got her face painted while we were in line.  We got hot chocolate and a donut at the end.  It was kind of silly but the kids liked it and talked about it for days after. 


 
Grandpa Dennis' Birthday Party/Halloween Party
Since my father-in-law's birthday is close to Halloween we always have a dinner/party for him the Sunday before Halloween and carve pumpkins.  This year Macie insisted on carving her own.  She cleaned hers out all by herself and did most of the carving herself...Dad had to help a little bit since it was such a big/thick pumpkin.  She did a great job, though!  Tony did a Utah "U" on Paxton's pumpkin (he wasn't really interested in the whole thing) and I did the cutest little pumpkin for Brady using his little handprints and feet prints (thanks Pinterest for the idea!)  It was fun and the kids were super excited to put the candles in their pumpkins when we got home!






Grandpa Dennis with all 8 of his grandkids!


 
Trunk-or-Treat
A couple nights before Halloween we went to Tony's parents' neighborhood trunk-or-treat.  They had chilli, scones, and hot chocolate which was super yummy.  My kids made their rounds to all of the cars then went around again so we ended up with plenty of candy!  Paxton wanted to eat his the second he got it and his favorite were the suckers.  Macie prefers Reeses peanut butter cups.  Brady fell asleep in the stroller!  It was a cold night but the kids had a fun time.


The Davies grandkids in their costumes

 Halloween Day
On Halloween Tony took Pax to school and I went to Macie's school with Brady to see her parade.  My mom came as well.  After her parade I helped out at her class party.  I was in charge of doing a craft with the kids so I just had them make ghosts out of suckers & tissue...have to keep it simple for the 1st graders (and me!)  As soon as the party was over I rushed over to Paxton's preschool and made it just in time for his little parade.  I missed their Halloween songs but Tony was there so he saw them.
My aunt Nancy was visiting from Arizona so we went to lunch to Market Street with her, my grandma, my mom and my grandma's friend.  Later on we stopped by my mom and grandma's houses and had taco soup for dinner there.  Then we went back to our neighborhood and I stayed at our house with Brady and handed out candy while Tony and his brother took the older kids around.  We have an awesome neighborhood to trick-or-treat in.  Several houses go all out and make it really fun.  One of the houses was even nominated for one of the best Halloween Houses in the entire USA! 
I'm not much of a fan of Halloween, I think mostly because I don't like all of the creepy and scary stuff, but it is a lot more fun with kids and they of course love it!

Bailey (old fashioned lady) and Macie (cheerleader)

Paxton's class parade


Heading out to go get lots of candy!

I got to stay home with the cute little pirate and hand out candy to all of the trick-or-treaters! 

No comments: