Between Birthday party chaos week I decided to go ahead and throw one more thing at my project list and get my kitchen done FINALLY! We've been in this house for 8+ years and it was one of the things I wanted to do since the day we moved in so it was a long time in the making. I finally just went for it. I took off all the cabinets and Tony helped sand them while I sanded the inside portion. I primed them and then did 2 coats of paint (used a sprayer so it went super quick) and let them dry for about 4 days before putting them back on. That was the easy part!
I decided I wanted a backsplash and thought that would be no big deal...but ended up staying up until 4am 2 days in a row getting it put on then grouted. It was SO tedious! I also put a faux wood tile around my island area because the kids sit there and kick it and I knew that no matter what color I painted it it would end up getting beaten up so I felt like tile would hold up great. Everyone asks where I got the idea from but I actually just saw it and thought it would look cool so I went for it. I was a little nervous but I LOVE the way it turned out. It's really different and I like it.
Anyway, everything came together really well and I am extremely happy with the result. It was a week from hell but I'm glad it's done and I love my new kitchen. I've put hardware on the cabinets since these pics which added a lot and I need to get new barstools and rugs and a few decorations, but the hard part is over. And I hope to never have to put a backsplash on anything ever again!
![]() |
| Close-up of this tedious backsplash. We have a love-hate relationship! |






No comments:
Post a Comment