Tony and I have always been huge Dallas Cowboys fans but neither of us had ever been to a pro NFL game. I had always wanted to take him to one so I went ahead and just booked it...I called it an early birthday present. I booked it on a weekend when we could catch a baseball game and a football game in the same weekend. We flew out Friday morning and went to the Texans baseball game that night. I get bored at baseball games but it's always fun to go a pro game. My phone also died after one picture of the stadium so I didn't get any more photos from that game.
On Saturday, we headed to AT&T Stadium a few hours before opening...I wanted to be there the second they let us in the stadium! We shopped around nearby to get Tony a Cowboys t-shirt and ate at Buffalo Wild Wings (our favorite) then paid $60 to park across the parking lot from the stadium!
We hung out outside the stadium where they had some entertainment. Two Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders were out taking photos and I was literally giddy! I have been obsessed with the DCC since I was young and I've watched every season of their "Making the Team" show on CMT so I happen to know most of the team. I ran right up to them and got my photo with them...it was definitely a check off my bucket list!
As soon as they opened the doors to the stadium we went in and explored every bit of it that we were allowed to. We experienced front row to highest row, the fan shop, and everywhere in between. I was seriously giddy with excitement the whole day! We went to Hawaii in May and I almost think I had more fun on that one day in Dallas than I did the whole time we were in Hawaii! I know, I'm kind of pathetic. It was just all so surreal, it was everything that I thought it would be and more! We had really good seats so our view was great! When the DCC came out and did their dance and kick-line I seriously had tears in my eyes!
Dallas played the Minnesota Vikings and we were able to see Romo play (which would end up being one of his last games before he got hurt for the season). They lost but it was pre-season and we really didn't even care! The whole experience was so amazing, I couldn't stop smiling for days.
We left Sunday morning so it was a quick trip, but we had a great time! Tony had to wait a few years before he got a wife that would watch football with him...I use to hate football...but he may be regretting it now since I'm kind of obsessed with it! ;)
| Texans Stadium |
| We got to see the team practicing for a little while and we were SO close! It was so cool! |
No comments:
Post a Comment