Sunday, November 16, 2008

Nursery

For the last month we've been trying to take Macie to nursery at church and everytime we try to leave her she freaks out (it is during naptime, to that doesn't help). Today Tony stayed with her through half of it then I went and changed places with him so he could go to Priesthood meeting. She was having fun so I sneaked out, and sure enough she made it through the rest of it without us in there. It was so nice to sit through Sunday School & Relief Society without her yelling, running away, and throwing things- I actually learned something! Of course I did go check on her a couple of times to make sure she was doing okay (I just looked through the little peep hole so she wouldn't see me). After Relief Society I went to get her and she was crying, but they said she'd only been crying for a minute because all the other parents were starting to get their kids and she realized we weren't there. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but she's never been to daycare or been babysat by anyone other than family/close friends, so it was a little hard for me to leave her! I got thinking that it's a sneak peek into the coming years of her first day of preschool, kindergarten, etc. and it makes me a little sad to think how fast my baby is growing up!

5 comments:

emily mcd said...

Oh! I too have mixed emotions about Nursery . . . Claire still has a couple of months before she goes in and I get people saying to me all the time, "Aren't you so excited for her to be in Nursery!?" Part of me (the part that actually enjoys listening to spiritual thoughts and lessons) IS excited . . . but there's also a part of me that wants to hold her and have her be my little baby forever! Ahh the joys. Congrats on making it through another week of Nursery. That Macie is such a cutie!

Cody and Wendy said...

Oh Ash, I can't believe Macie is already in Nursery! She's growing up so fast! What a good little mom you are! The days you don't work we need to have play dates during the day! I miss you!

Sam and Allie's World said...

I tell you, it's rough. Sam's first day of preschool I sat in the car crying for the first 15-20 minutes. He said, "bye mom." She is getting so big!

Rossanne said...

Hey Ashley,

It's amazing how many people you can find blogging. Jason doesn't like it. I am going to add you guys to my list. I love your top pic very cute.

Sam and Josh said...

I was a little sad to say myself too, but wow when they go to preschool, the things I can get done. It is a lot easier myself, but I admit I miss them.