Friday, August 27, 2010

5 Months Old

Paxton turned 5 months old last week!  He is getting so big!  At 5 months old he weighs 19 lbs (Macie barely weighed that at a year!)  He is rolling all over, starting to sit alone for a few seconds at a time, and is already trying to crawl!  He gets up on his knees and does the rock...it won't be long before he's all over the place!  He is eating every 2-3 hrs still, and before bedtime eats some oatmeal mixed with pear juice- he wouldn't eat much else and the only stuff he would eat was making his tummy upset so the oatmeal with pear juice has been a good transition and I think he's actually starting to like it! (Thanks Wendy!) 
He still isn't sleeping through the night, but I've been trying to get him to go a little longer between feedings if I can, and I've been trying to keep him in his crib the whole night rather than bringing him in bed with me (which is so much easier!)  He also takes AWESOME naps during the day...usually a short one in the morning then a 2-3 hr one in the afternoon!
He is very grabby and will grab anything in sight and stick it right in his mouth!  He especially loves to grab hair...I think this is the reason I ended up cutting my hair when Macie was about 10 months old.  He gets Macie's hair a lot, too.
Anyway, he is "talking" a lot and spitting and is so fun!  We love you Paxy boy!
Laughing at Macie


1 comment:

Cody and Wendy said...

Oh I'm SO glad the oatmeal worked! :) Now maybe he'll sleep a little longer at night for you...