Monday, February 28, 2011

11 Months

My baby boy is 11 months old....which means in a few weeks he's going to be 1!!!  I'm trying to make this month go by really slow so he'll stay a baby, but it's not working out so much!  Anyway, this has been a big month for Pax.  He got both of his lower anterior teeth and he got his first black eye from falling into an unknown object in Macie's room (there goes my mom of the year award!) Between teething symptoms and a little cold he's had kind of a rough month health wise, but even when sick he's always got a smile on his face! 
He started blowing kisses which is absolutely adorable and his newest words are "nigh nigh" when we put him to bed or tell him it's bedtime and "aw gaw" when something is all gone.  He's also said his own version of grandma a few times, but I'm not sure how I'd write it the way he says it.  He is eating everything but peanut butter and shellfish (not that I would be offering my 11 month old shrimp?!)....and we're going to start working on the transition to cows milk pretty soon.   He loves to play ball and he's into EVERYTHING!  I am beginning to have flashbacks of when Macie was walking confidently and remembering how exhausting she was....everyone called her the energizer bunny....and I think Paxton might be even MORE energetic if that's even possible!  I seriously need to take an energy pill or start drinking coffee to keep up!
Anyway, Pax weighs 23.5 lbs and is facing forward in his carseat since he outgrew the baby seat a couple months ago.  His smile has gotten even more adorable now that those little teeth are there....and my favorite thing is when he just starts laughing and comes running to me and gives me a big hug!  He is still a major momma's boy...and for the most part I love it...unless I'm trying to get ready in the mornings, then I wish he'd love someone else!


 A little closeup of his black eye (nevermind the crusty boogies on his nose!)

1 comment:

........... said...

Wow 11 months already. It is flying by. He is so cute.