Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentines Weekend

For Valentines I suprised Tony with a day of fun on Saturday.  My parents watched the kids and we headed to Ogden where we started out indoor skydiving!  We didn't get a single picture because you can't have any loose items (including a camera) when you're in the wind chamber and I didn't want to bother any strangers to try to figure out which of the 8 people we were (since we were all dressed the same!)  It was so much fun, though.  There were 3 other couples that were in our group.  We all took a turn going for just 1 minute, mostly just getting used to the positioning and the air.  Then on the 2nd turn the helper guy had the air guy turn the air up and we went flying high and he got us spinning around and dropping and flying...it was awesome!  I had my hair in a ponytail, tucked into the helmet, and when I came out I had hair coming through every little hole on the helmet....it was very windy! :)  We both had a good time and are seriously considering doing the real thing one day!
Next we went down to the indoor surfing where we had 1 hour to surf.  I could not catch my balance to surf for the life of me and ended up falling several times before I finally gave up and went to the other side where you body surf or knee board.  I got on my knees and did good for a second until my board went sideways and I went flying, smacked my elbow, the board hit me in the eye, and I lost my swimsuit bottom for a second!  I decided after that that I am not a surfer and decided to watch the rest of the time.  Tony started out shaky on the surf board but by the end he totally got it! 
We were supposed to go rock climbing but it was too long of a wait so maybe one day we'll go back for that.  We went to lunch then headed back home to get the kids.  It was such a fun day date and a fun change from the regular old dinner & a movie date that we usually do!

On actual Valentines Day I let Tony be in charge since it was his turn. I was pleasantly surprised!  He bought me and Macie red roses and me my favorite perfume!  Then he took me to dinner at the Bonsai, which is probably one of the best restuarants EVER!  We hadn't been there in years and I had forgotten how incredible their food is!  Highly recommended if you haven't been there- it's like the Tepinyaki/Benihana experience, only better!  It was such a great Valentines!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like so much fun!

Rossanne said...

That sounds like a lot of fun and I had no idea you could even do that in Utah.

Kristin and Bridger said...

Next time we're coming with you guys!!!