Friday, September 14, 2012

Kindergarten

Macie started KINDERGARTEN last week!  The week before school started her principal came around to all of the kindergarteners' houses and introduced himself and gave them a cute Kneaders apple shaped sugar cookie.  It was so impressive...and he is so awesome.  We also had orientation and got to meet Macie's teacher Mrs. W and do some testing. 
On her first day Macie insisted on wearing her blue striped shirt and bright pink pants.  The shirt is her absolute favorite because her American Girl doll McKenna has one just like it.
My mom watched Pax that morning and Tony and I took her to school.  They had asked that the parents bring them and stay the first 30 minutes.  Macie's friend Bailey is in her class so I'm glad she has a buddy.  Mrs. W talked to the parents for a little bit while the kids colored.  I would have been just fine saying my goodbyes at the door because I know Macie loves school and is excited to be there, but I'm pretty sure the teachers are determined to make the parents sad!
Mrs. W read everyone a cute story about a little racoon that had to leave his mommy to go to school but it made him really sad because he missed her so she kissed him on his hand so that anytime he got sad he could place his hand on his cheek and remember his mommy.  Then the mommy got sad that her baby was gone so he did the same for her and kissed her hand so she could remember him.  I was pretty strong through the story but when the teacher even gets choked up it's hard to not get the same way...not to mention the tears all over the room.  THEN they had the moms go to our kids and trace their little hands and place a sticker on it to represent our kiss and write them a little note.  Then we had to kiss their hands and give them a hug and say goodbye.  Maybe it's my hormones or something, but I literally lost it!  Macie didn't really notice that I was crying and was just fine saying goodbye!
Maybe it's the fact that my baby is geting so big and it's a flash of what's to come, but it was pretty sad for me.
Anyway, Macie LOVED her first day of school as well as everyday after that.  She gets a day at the gym, a library day, and a computer day.  And she has already mets lots of new friends.  I am so excited that she loves school and I hope she always has that attitude!
 


Bailey & Macie
 

The Kissing Hand

No comments: