On April 16th I got a call from Macie's school letting me know that she'd gotten hurt on the playground and her eye was bleeding. I grabbed my boys and went over to the school. She was sitting in the office when I got there holding a rag & ice on her eye...there was blood all over her clothes. The office explained that she and a boy collided on the playground and her glasses cut into her eye. I was calm about it but after seeing it decided it was a pretty nasty gash and being that she's a girl and it's on her face I decided to take her to get stitches. We went to PCH ER, Tony met us there, and they stitched her up. She was really nervous about the shot to numb it but she was very brave and did a great job. They told her to keep sunscreen on it to prevent scarring and she has been better at remembering than I have and has been so concerned about it.
Anyway, Macie's eye has healed very nicely and the scar is hardly noticeable. We're hoping to stay clear from the ER for as long as possible...I don't like when my babies get hurt!



No comments:
Post a Comment