Macie has always been a pretty fearless kid- she's never been afraid of water (no matter how cold!), animals, bugs, the dark- she actually likes all of the scary Halloween displays at the stores, too. So to my complete surprise she woke up a few mornings ago at 4:30am crying in fear and when I went to get her she was pointing to the smoke detector, absolutely terrified! She wouldn't calm down so she ended up sleeping in our bed the rest of the night. Since then, she's been afraid of it. I've tried to tell her that smoke detectors are "nice" which seems to help. I also showed her the one in our room and told her that mommy has one too! But now she's discovered that there are smoke detectors throughout the entire house and everytime she sees one she points to it and says "scared" and I say "it's not scary, it's nice" so she'll say "nice," although, I'm not sure she's completely convinced! It's sad to see her afraid, but I have to say it's kind of funny that of all things a little smoke detector is her biggest fear! I had to take a video of it because I don't think anyone believes me- it's below this post!
Rocky Mountain Drill team competition, Jan. 2021
2 years ago
1 comment:
Too cute. Don't you love it. Hopefully she will get past it, it can be scary sometimes.
Post a Comment