Tuesday, April 21, 2009

It's Finished!

For the last few weeks we have been living in dust, clutter, and chaos while we re-tiled & re-carpeted most of our house! I didn't realize how much work goes into tiling- Tony got the old tile up, then the boards under it to find the original white linoleum (pretty!) which also had about 1000 nails pounded into it (not exagerating!)- we spend an entire night pulling up nails- our hands were VERY sore! Tony and my dad worked for days and finally finished tiling, then my mom & I grouted it the next day, and I sealed it the day after that. Then yesterday the carpet guy came- it literally feels like we just moved into a new house! We LOVE it! Our old carpet had stains all over, it was hard & flat and ugly- this new stuff is like walking on pillows! There's a few more things I'd like to do to our house, but I told Tony I'd be happy staying here another 10 years as long as we don't outgrow it!This is our front room w/ our kitchen table, chairs, etc.

Yes, the refrigerator was also in the front room, along w/ the stove- makes it a little difficult to cook!


The NEW carpet!
The following are the before & after pictures of the kitchen:

P.S. We have a strict NO SHOES rule now in case anyone comes over! ;)

6 comments:

Cody and Wendy said...

Pretty, Pretty, and Pretty! I LOVE the new tile. The grout looks great! :) You did a FABULOUS job! I love the carpet too. Can't wait to see it in person. I LOVE your house! It's perfect!!

Hofhine Fam said...

Wow! It looks geat. You guys did good. Shane wants to know if you have broken in the kitchen yet? :) He made me say that. We want to come see it.

Charli Steed said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! It is amazing how a few (expensive) upgrades change the whole look and feel of a home! I can't wait to see it and walk on it! (in my bare feet of course) love you!

Kristin and Bridger said...

Looks GREAT! New carpet is my favorite. I hope you are having a great birthday today!!

Sam and Josh said...

That looks awesome. You guys did a great job. Kuddos to you for doing it yourself. We did most of our basement in our old house, so I know what a pain it is.

Rossanne said...

I love the color of your tile it looks way good.