Monday, March 15, 2010

40 weeks and....

STILL NOTHING!!! AAAAAHHHHH! I went to my appointment today and I have only dilated 1/2cm since last week, putting me at 1.5 cm total! He forgot to tell me how effaced I am (I pretty much have to ask for any information I want!) so I'm just assuming I'm still around 50% like last week. He "stripped my membranes" because I begged him to, but when I had that done with Macie I still didn't have her for another 6 days! I will be going back next Monday for another appointment as well as a non-stress test to make sure the baby is still doing okay post-due date. I decided to go ahead and set up an induction date for March 24th...as much as I am completely against being induced, I also am completely against going past a week after my due date, not only for the baby's sake but for my own physical (& mental) sake! So it looks like we'll have a baby by the 24th no matter what, although I am doing everything possible to get him here before then! I desperately DO NOT want to be induced! I've already gone 40 weeks being pregnant so one more shouldn't seem like a big deal, but I left the doctor's office crying just thinking about it! I wish I was a more patient person....but I'm not! So there's the update...and hopefully the next post will be about our new baby, not my 41 week checkup! :/

8 comments:

Dibbers said...

Ashley, Im sorry that it doesn't sound like much progress but it doesn't really matter. You could go into labor tonight! Your water could break too! Keep thinking positive, I will be praying for you to have relief soon. Thanks for the update. Can't wait to hear the incredible birth story!

Rob and Mercedi said...

I'm so sorry! I was hoping you would get better news this week. It still could be any time, second babies are so different. Good luck!

Clint and Shari said...

Ashley~ Sorry you haven't had your little one yet. I am sending happy vibes through the computer right now hoping you go into labor tonight. If all else fails maybe you and Ton can get your groove on:) Good Luck!!!

McKensi and Justin said...

Hey!! I had no idea you had a blog...that's great news! I am adding you to mine...and if you feel the urge you can add me to yours... you choose! Good luck with the new baby!

Kristin and Bridger said...

I thought for sure all the walking we did the other night would put you right into labor...I knew we should have stopped by the acutherapy booth. Dang it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!

Amy said...

Hang in there Ash! Just remember how great the reward is at the end. It's like running a race... you just want to DIE when you're so close to the end, but you don't, and when you make it to the finish line... you look back and realize how awesome the whole thing was. (Yes, this is coming from a person who LOATHES being pregnant!) Good luck with everything!

Cody and Wendy said...

Oh Ash...what do I say? I'm SORRY! I bet that is SO frustrating for you! You poor thing. Being pregnant is SERIOUSLY the most selfless thing a woman can do. Hang in there! I don't think you'll have to be induced. Everybody says that not too soon after they set an induction date they go into labor on their own. I'm thinking that's what will happen to you!!

Rossanne said...

I am so sorry Ashley. I hope everything goes good.