Thursday, April 28, 2011

Happy Easter!

On Saturday we dyed our eggs and Macie absolutely loved it of course! The kids went to bed & when they woke up Sunday morning the Easter bunny had left them a few little things in their baskets and hid a few eggs filled with candy & toys around the living room.  We went to church and had a really nice meeting (except for trying to keep our kids quiet!).  Tony and I teach the Sunbeams in Primary and I taught about the resurrection.  I'm not sure if they got it or not, but listening to them try to pronounce "resurrection" was hilarious!  After church we got together with my family for dinner and an Easter egg hunt.  The kids had a lot of fun and looked so cute in their cute Easter outfits.  Later that night instead of our regular story time I discussed the resurrection and the meaning of Easter with Macie and used the Sunbeam lesson (she had gone to the other sunbeam class and didn't get the lesson earlier).  At first I thought it would be way over her head, but she really seemed to understand what it was all about.  When she said her prayer after she said "thank you for Jesus and bringing him back to life"....I think she got it!  Moments like that make my job as a mom rewarding!  Anyway, we had a nice Easter!
The first time we went to the mall Macie refused to sit on the Easter bunny's lap, but the 2nd time she begged me to do it!  I really thought Pax would freak out, especially since he HATED Santa, but he just looked at the bunny like it was no big deal!  Santa is scary but the creepy Easter bunny is your buddy?  Crazy kid! 


Dying Easter eggs



Easter Morning





Definitely the cutest little bunny I've ever seen!




My cousin's son Sam had the exact same suit as Pax...too cute!

Grandma Vickie and most of her grandkids & great-grandkids

All of the great-grandkids!
(Halle, Crew, Sam & Pax, Allie, Macie)

Me and my cousin Nikki....love her....hate that she lives in California so far away!


Awww...me and my cute brother!  :)

No comments: