Halloween was a fun, busy day. We had Macie's school parade & class party in the morning. I volunteered to help in her class...I'm a room mom...and that still doesn't sound right! I'm not old enough to be a room mom! :)
Anyway, my mom, Tony, Pax and I all watched Macie walk around in her little parade. Then I helped with the class party where the kids all had different "stations" and at my station they decorated Halloween cupcakes. It was fun to get to know more of the kids and moms in the class. I love Kindergartners...they are too funny!
| Macie and her "bestie" Kaitlyn....they seriously are attached at the hip. She was a BYU cheerleader and her twin sister Gracie was a Utah cheerleader...they are too cute! |
After school the kids and I met Tony for lunch at Zupas, ran to the nursery to get some yard stuff, then we went home and got a quick nap in since I figured we'd be up kind of late. Later on we went by my parents' and grandparents' house to visit. Then we went over to Tony's brother Kip's house for dinner and their trunk-or-treat (I won't even get started on how incredibly LAME I think trunk-or-treating is especially ON Halloween!!!) Not a lot of people showed up so we got through that quick then we took our kids and 3 of our neices & nephew to our neighborhood for REAL trick-or-treating...the old fashioned good kind where you go door-to-door and get to visit with neighbors and friends! We've lived in our neighborhood for 6 1/2 years and have never gone around our own neighborhood for Halloween...turns out we have a really cool neighborhood. Lots of them decorate really cute/cool and a few make a big deal out of it. There were cars parked up and down every road from people who come from other neighborhoods to go around ours. It was full of tons of kids and it was so fun to see our great neighbors. We will definitely be trick-or-treating in our own neighborhood from now on!
We made it home by about 7:30 and were able to pass out candy to some late trick-or-treaters...the kids thought that was just as fun as getting candy themselves. We had a fun night and the kids got TONS of candy! I was once again thankful that the weather was nice and we didn't have to wear our coats & snowboots! Happy Halloween!
| My cute firefighter & butterfly! |
| Paxton (firefighter), Maddie (didn't dress up?), Macie (butterfly), Lexi (supergirl), and Kaden (Maverick) |
No comments:
Post a Comment