Friday, November 2, 2012

Pumpkin Carving

It's a Davies family tradition to have a birthday dinner/party for grandpa Dennis and carve pumpkins since his birthday is around Halloween.  So of course this year we did the same...even if grandma Dixie had just had foot surgery.  Casey did most of the cooking for dinner and assigned me to funeral potatoes (cheesy potatoes)...I was a little nervous since I'd never made them before but they ended up being super easy and super yummy.  We had a good Schmidts cake just for grandpa...he's very picky about the kind of cake he'll eat...basically if it's not Schmidts it's not worth eating!  After dinner & cake we carved pumpkins...well the dads and kids did.  The kids had extra fun getting the "pumpkin guts" out and all of the pumpkins turned out cute.  I'm glad I have a great husband who is willing to do the pumpkin thing, otherwise our pumpkins would be painted not carved!  :)






No comments: