On April 27th I turned the big 3-0. The night before, I laid in bed and literally had tears in my eyes. I'm not sure why I was so sad to be 30...I am thankful to have another birthday and another year spent with my loved ones because some people don't even get to live to see 30. But I really enjoyed my 20s. During my 20s I lived in North Carolina for 2 years, graduated from college, started my career, married the love of my life, bought our first (and only) home, and had 3 beautiful kids.
On my birthday we had to spend the first half and majority of the day at Macie's dance competition at Juan Diego. But when we woke up Tony and the kids surprised me with flowers, new shoes, and a super nice electric sander (I know that sounds weird but I've wanted one for a long time!) Later that night Tony surprised me and took me to dinner at Ruth's Chris downtown. I had never been there but had always wanted to. Since we're not super rich it's probably not a place we'll be eating at every weekend (although I wish we could)...but it was AMAZING! I usually don't love fancy, expensive restaurants (unless someone else is paying) because it makes me ill to spend an obscene amount of money on food that will just be gone and have nothing to show for it. BUT, this place was worth every penny. I had a fillet that was cooked absolutely perfect and it was by far the BEST steak I have ever had in my whole life. I literally let out moaning noises with each bite because it tasted so good. They also gave me a free dessert for my birthday so we got the banana cream pie since it was highly recommended. And that was also amazing....so yummy! My mouth is watering just thinking back on this food right now! :)
Anyway, I couldn't leave my baby too long so we headed back to my parents' house to get the kids. Macie and my mom surprised me with a birthday cake from Schmidts (my favorite!) We were too full to eat any that night but we had some the next night.
I had a good birthday and I feel so blessed to have lived almost all of my dreams and accomplished almost everything I have ever wanted to do by 30.

No comments:
Post a Comment