I took some pics of Macie at Gardner Village for her baptism invitations. She looked so beautiful and it was a gorgeous spring day.
Macie's Baptism Day (April 11th, 2015)
 |
| When I was 8 I was baptized with my friend Wendy. Her grandma made us both our own baptism dresses so we didn't have to wear the jumpsuits. I saved mine and Macie was excited to get to wear it on her special day. It was pretty neat! |
 |
| Macie shared this special day with our neighbor friend Brock. His mom Stephanie had already planned 2 other baptisms for her daughters so I was grateful to have someone experienced share the day and help with the planning since I was a rookie. It turned out so nice. |
 |
| Macie chose Joey to speak about baptism and he did a great job. |
 |
| These 2 have a special bond and I love it. |
 |
| "Selfie" of Macie and me in the bathroom right after she was baptized! |
 |
Good old pinterest...I attempted to make a baptism dress out of cupcakes. It could have been much better but what do you do?! Haha!
Anyway, the baptism was beautiful. We started in the chapel where we had Joey speak on baptism then went to the font for the actual baptisms. While the kids were getting ready everyone wrote their testimony on a little card that we collected and kept for each of the kids for a little book to remember. We had a great talk on the Holy Ghost and then Macie, Paxton, Brock and his siblings sang a song. Brady was so upset that he wasn't a part of it that he went up to Macie and begged her to hold him. She was trying to sing and kind of ignored him so he turned around, made the saddest face, and ran off crying. It was the saddest but funniest thing. After the baptism was over our family and friends met at our church house for a luncheon which was so fun. It was such a beautiful day and the Spirit was so strong. I am so proud of Macie and the decision she has made. |
No comments:
Post a Comment