Tuesday, November 30, 2010

8 Months

Another month and Paxton continues to grow up too fast!  This boy is going to keep me busy!  He figured out how to climb the stairs and gets to the top pretty quick! He even tried to climb up on the railing from the stairs the other day...he climbs up on everything! 
He is growing so big & tall...weighing about 21 pounds.  Even in the last week he has grown completely out of clothes that fit him just a week ago (snug, but they fit!)  His personality is coming out more and more and he is so much fun.  He is such a happy baby...he almost makes me think I might want another one someday!  ALMOST!  :)
 He loves to follow Macie around and play with anything that makes noise or lights up...or anything that's Macie's (he's kind of a tease!)  He loves swimming, too...we go once a week.
I've still been able to nurse him but we're gradually starting the weaning process.  Right now he has about 1 (sometimes 2) formula bottles a day, along with his solids (yogurt, fruit, and sweet potatoes are his favorite.)  And he is super attached to Mommy!  He loves anyone who will give him attention, but he definitely prefers me (and I'm not complaining!)  Tony had him the other night (I slept at my mom's house for Black Friday) and he said when he got up with him Paxton kept looking for me...so cute! 
As for sleeping, naptimes are the only thing that's consistent.  At night he'll sometimes sleep from 8pm when he goes to bed until around 5am, but I'd say more often than not he wakes up between 1 & 2am to eat.  The other night he slept from 8pm until 8am the next morning....a 12 hour stretch!!!  That's NEVER happened so I was estatic, and of course it hasn't happened since!  I should learn to go to bed when he does!  Hopefully one day we'll get into a good nighttime sleeping pattern.

No comments: