Friday, December 23, 2011

21 Months

Not much has changed in a month, but a few funny things that Pax has said or done lately are as follows:

- Anytime he doesn't get what he wants or gets in trouble he says "Yo Wude" (You're rude!) or he'll say "Yo Mean" or "She Mean" or "Daddy Mean" or "Mommy Mean" etc.  It's pretty funny and hard to get mad at!

- His new favorite word is "Why?"  Anything we say is followed by him asking "Why?"  It's funny, but sort of annoying after awhile!

- Pax is very friendly.  He saids "hi" and "thankyou" to everyone he sees!  He's also started saying "Hi Daddy" to every guy he sees which can be kind of embarrassing!  He knows who daddy is so I'm not sure why he does it!

- Pax went potty the other night in the big toilet!  I took off his diaper to get him ready for bed and kind of started to pee, so I ran him into the bathroom and put him on the potty and he finished in the toilet.  He was really excited...and so was I!  I'm not ready to start the potty training process yet, but it was kind of exciting!

- The other night we went to dinner after Macie's dance recital.  Tony was holding Pax's hand and lifted him into the booth at the restaurant by his hand and all the sudden Pax started crying really hard.  This kid is usually really tough so even if he gets hurt and cries it's usually not for very long.  But he kept holding his wrist and crying anytime I'd even move him at all, so my first thought was that he hurt his wrist.  I got some ice from the waitress and put it on it and tried to hold him still.  My sister-in-law called her friend who is the nurse at our pediatrician office and she said it was probably "nurse-maid elbow" which is when the arm comes out of socket at the elbow.  At first I thought she was wrong since he was holding his wrist, but then I let his arm go and realized he couldn't lift his arm at all and was crying hysterically from the pain.  So we called the pediatrician office and the doctor said the same thing...he offered to talk us through pop it back in but neither of us wanted to do it so he said he'd meet us in the parking lot at the office which was so nice of him since they were closed!  We left my family at Wingers and Tony and I took Pax down the street to the pediatrician's office where the doctor let us in and took us up to the office.  It took him less than 2 seconds to pop it back into place...Pax screamed for a second but when the doctor got him a popsicle that made him happy.  He even grabbed it with his "bad" arm.  He said that once it's back in it's like it never happened, which was true!  He was good as new! 
We went back to the truck and when Tony went to start it the battery was dead because a light was left on (and he has a crappy battery)!  So my mom had to drive my car from the restaurant to come jump us then we all went back to eat...finally!  My Grandma and sister-in-law had all the kids and they had made a huge mess! It was quite a night!  We couldn't stop laughing at how crazy it was! 

Anyway, that's the latest!


No comments: