Saturday, December 24, 2011

Winter Dance Recital

Macie had her winter dance recital this week and did such a great job.  I was a little disappointed in the teacher that she has this year...the girls are used to memorizing their dance based on the words to the song they are dancing to, but she had them memorize it by counting, which I think they're a little too young for.  So when it came time for them to do it on stage they were lost right away and didn't do half the dance.  I also don't know why she doesn't sit on the front of the stage and help them out...instead they are looking on the side of the stage where she is for help.  Macie did a good job, though...she was doing some really cute dance moves that I'd never seen her do before, and she did a lot of the dance while most of the other girls just stood there!
Ruthie, Macie, LaGuya & ? (we don't remember her name)
(We take Ruthie to dance every other week and her mom takes them the other weeks which makes it nice since we both have toddlers who are hard to entertain for an hour every time!)


For a kid who used to hate having her photo taken, she sure has become a little poser!  :)





Grandma Thelma brought her flowers...she was so excited to get them and kept sticking them in everyone's faces trying to make everyone smell them!

1 comment:

McKensi and Justin said...

Gosh she is cute! I love looking at your blog and seeing your cute family!