Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas Day

We had a great Christmas!  It was a little busier being on a Sunday, but it was good.  I got up super early and got showered/ready before the kids got up.  Finally at 8am I started opening up their blinds/curtains and trying to get them to wake up (I know this won't last...it's probably only a matter of time before they're up at 5am begging to open presents!)  Once Macie opened her eyes and realized it was Christmas morning she got a big smile on her face and jumped out of bed!  I was kind of mean and made them hurry and get ready before we opened presents.  We finally went downstairs to see what Santa left for us! 
The kids got a few gifts, books, and a stocking.  And next to the plate that we had left Santa's cookie on our little elf "Red" had left a note for the kids since he had to go back to the North Pole until next year!  (We will miss Red...Macie was especially good while he was around!)
In Macie's stocking Santa left his usual note to the kids and sent them on a little hunt for their "big" present.  It was fun and they were thrilled with everything they got.  We kind of had to rush off right after to make it to church by 9am.  We went to my parents' ward since our friend Charley sang & spoke.  He did a great job...I just wish Pax hadn't been such a stinker so I could have listened more!





After church we headed to Tony's parents' house for breakfast and presents with them.  The kids got lots of fun things and we hung out for awhile playing games and letting the kids play with their new fun toys.


The Davies grandkids....Grace, Savannah, Pax, Lexi, Maddie, Macie, & Kaden
Grandpa Dennis let Savannah give him a makeover!  :)

Licorice & Spiderman...what more could a kid want!?!


In the early afternoon we headed over to my parents' house where we opened presents with my family...and once again the kids and us got spoiled. 

I love the look of excitement on their faces!  (Macie & Halle)

So nevermind the fact that I look ginormous and horrible in this picture...but it has a lot of meaning to me so I had to post it.  When I was growing up I always wanted the American Girl doll Samantha.  She was always my favorite but they are expensive dolls and my mom never got me one (and she still regrets it!)  They discontinued Samantha about a year or 2 ago.  Macie wants an American Girl doll and her favorite is Julie...I didn't let her get one for Christmas because I feel like 4 years old is a little too young to get a $100 doll.  Anyway, my mom negotiated with me and I let her get her the mini version of Julie (which is only like $25)...and Macie was thrilled!  But then my mom gave me a gift that I didn't think anything of as I opened it up.  When I saw the little American Girl box I was kind of taken back.  Then I saw that it was a mini version of Samantha.  I know it's kind of silly but it literally brought me to tears...it's maybe the most meaningful, thoughtful gift I've ever received.  Obviously I don't play with dolls anymore but I love my Samantha doll...she means a lot to me!
(So the picture is of me with my Samantha mini doll and Macie with her Julie mini doll)

~~~~~

Later in the evening we went over to my Grandma's house to open up more presents since Grandpa doesn't like to leave the house, then we went back to my parents' house to eat dinner. 
I wanted a 4 generation picture but by the end of the night Macie was not having it...so we all made a "mad face" picture...and I love the way it turned out!

Grandpa & Pax...I LOVE this picture...it's so sweet!

We made one more stop by Tony's parents' house and played a game and hung out there for a little bit, then finally headed home.  The kids were exhausted and it was late...and it was a long day...a long week actually!  But Macie really wanted to sleep in her new princess tent, so I put it on her bed,  and she fell asleep in it within 5 minutes!  Too cute...and next to her new Ariel doll.

I love Christmas.  There is nothing better than spending time with those that we love and watching my kids faces light up all day just from getting simple little gifts.  The excitement is priceless.  And Macie did not forget this year that we were celebrating Jesus' birthday.  She even made him a birthday card which was so sweet!


No comments: