For some reason we always seem to be dumb enough to head downtown in the freezing cold so we can see the lights at Temple Square. Ten years ago I'd say it was worth it, but they've definitely decreased the amount of lights they put up and it's kind of disappointing these days. But we do it anyway!
This year we met my parents at Cafe Rio for dinner then we headed downtown. We thought going during the week would be less crazy, but it ended up being on a popular YW/YM night which meant TONS of teenagers! That was worse!
It was REALLY cold...I thought I had bundled the kids up really well but when we got back in the car poor Pax's hands and feet were frozen! I felt so bad! We were only there for maybe 45 minutes. We walked around and saw the lights then headed home. The manger scene is always neat to see but we always seem to catch it in the middle or at the end...it's always a good way to bring the Spirit to the Christmas season, though.
Anyway, we did have fun, but we were cold...I decided we need to start going to the Mesa, AZ temple to see lights...it's warm and they do a really good job decorating!
| Pax did not want his picture taken! |
No comments:
Post a Comment