Sunday, October 5, 2014

Stitches....AGAIN!!!

Almost 6 months exactly from when Macie got stitches on her right eye she cut her left eye just above the eyebrow this time.  Again, because she fell and her glasses cut into her just right...I'm starting to really despise those glasses!  I was at YW when Tony sent me a pic with the words "We have an issue!"  I don't really panic about things like this but I never know when something needs stitches or if it will just heal on it's own.  I don't like to be dramatic and stitch every little cut!  But after throwing it out on Facebook and getting some advice from nurse friends I decided that since she is a girl and it's on her face it was probably worth at least getting it looked at.  My mom came over to sit with the boys (who were in bed) so Tony and I could take Macie to Primary Children's ER.  It was a little bit of a wait but it wasn't that serious so we weren't a priority.  In fact, there was a super skinny little boy that had broken his arm and any time his dad even moved he'd wail...it was the saddest thing and even though they came after us I was so eager for them to get him back.  Thankfully they took him first...poor little guy. 
Anyway, after a couple hours Macie ended up with "liquid" stitches which was way easier and has healed much nicer. She cried for a minute because she said it stung, but otherwise she did awesome and was super brave.  She was glad to not have to worry about getting them removed later, too.  I'd really like to get me some of this liquid stitch stuff at home!
Oh, and did I mention this happened 2 days before picture day?  LOL!
 

Macie's reaction to not having to get real stitches and getting to get the liquid instead!

All "stitched" up and ready to go!
 



No comments: