Saturday, March 22, 2014

Joey's Mission Call

My cousin Joey is the first person in my life that is going on a mission!  I've had a few friends go, but have never been close enough with anyone to be there when they opened their call or anything like that.  So this is a big deal for our family.  Joey is such an amazing guy.  I am continually amazed at how mature and awesome he becomes everyday.  He got his call a couple of weeks ago so we went out to their house...along with a TON of his high school friends!  It was so neat to see the support system that he has.
Joey was called to the Missouri Independence mission, English speaking.  I know he was kind of hoping to go out of the country, but I know he will do great no matter where he goes.  He was so excited and I know he will be an awesome missionary because he truly has the Spirit of Christ in him.  He will report for the MTC on July 9th.  I am so proud of him.  We are sure going to miss him for 2 whole years, but can't wait to hear about all of the great work he will do. 








Charli had a map for everyone to put their "guess" of where he will go.  I originally was thinking North Carolina but Macie took my guess so I went with the Netherlands.  Tony guessed Brazil and Paxton guessed California.




His cute grandparents all anxiously awaiting the big news!







I am amazed a the amount of people who showed up for this.  One of his buddies was supposed to play in an all-star hockey game but missed it to be there.  Amazing group of people!






Proud Mom

Proud Dad



Grandma giving him some sort of advice!  G'ma always has important advice!
This is her first grandchild to go on a mission and she is SO proud!  She has been waiting a long time for this!



Elder Steed


No comments: